Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Side of the City

As this blog is vaquely dedicated to seeing the world through new eyes I thought that I would give a shout out to my friend, deProfundis and his wife who have started the blog Our Live Active Culture. There goal is to spend as little money as possible this month. Their methods, which will replace money, are bartering, dumpster diving, picking their friends minds for ideas, etc (possibly even like the library and stuff too, I just haven't heard them mention it).

It's an interesting idea and the goal is just to make better use of the resources already available to them. It causes one to change the way he looks at everyday things. My own personal contribution was telling deProfundis to check in rollaway dumpsters on building sites for lumber. 

So nothing to profound this week but do check out their blog and share any ideas you have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment